Monday, October 3, 2011

A Lovely Fall Wedding

   Hey gang! Happy Monday *shudder*! It was a chilly 46 degrees when I left for work today. But I kind of liked it. I got to wear boots and sweaters this weekend. That's how I roll in the fall.

   This weekend I got to watch 2 friends become 1. Not Spice Girl style, I mean in marriage.


   Cue the gratuitous Spice Girl footage. I'm fine with it if you are all.

   Because of heavy rains in Connecticut the original plan for the ceremony to be at a farm was canceled. They got married on a lovely back patio of the Longwood Inn right down the road from where we all live in Woodbury. I didn't think to take a picture of the place cards when I walked in but it was awesome!

  
   They were all hung on a rack of little clotheslines! It was gorgeous. I WISH I had taken a picture to share with you. Stupid! Anyhow, all the tables had different centerpieces and it was a really fun country eclectic look.







   The inn is a local restaurant that has rooms as well, very Woodbury. The bride, my friend Alix, had the perfect dress for the occasion. An ivory A-line with pick-ups on the skirt and a beautiful beige colored lace up back. Also a fold over in the beige at the strapless top. So pretty!



 
I know you're all thinking "where's the lace dress?". It was too short! When I tried the outfit all on together. No good.


Here is my husband with the wine charms in his ears like earrings...




   Yes, that's my loving husband. I actually put them in his ears, he had issues with it. Don't judge. Just because I lubed them with Burt's Bees chapstick...

   Very fun time and a heartfelt congrats to the newlyweds!!



 



3 comments:

  1. looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the autumnal center pieces, the little birds are so cute!
    And your husband is a good sport, I'd never put wine charms in my ears!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your weekends are complete until you have a wedding to go to! :o)

    LOVE THE CENTERPIECES! So cute and unique!

    ReplyDelete